after school teacher application
We are seeking instructors (both lead and assistant) for our fall and spring after school programs. This person is responsible for successfully running a class for the course of the semester, including reviewing and planning curriculum, managing classroom behavior, managing equipment, meeting class objectives, meeting with parents, and being a strong school representative of Coder Kids.
Work Schedule: Our classes typically run from 3:00 to 4:00 on Monday through Thursday, so you'd need to arrive at about 2:30 and leave around 4:15. You can work as little as one day per week, but we prefer employees who can work 2 days or more.
Pay: Starting pay for after school teachers is $25 per hour with a mileage reimbursement.
- Instructing students on how to use languages such as Scratch, Java, or Python, as well as early-coding games for younger students
- Representing Coder Kids with a positive attitude for parents and students
- Maintaining order and structure in the classroom
- Developing strong relationships with our school partners and communities
- Fluent in technology and computers
- Ability to learn and teach new concepts in tech
- Fun, outgoing persona with kids
- Time management and communication skills
- Reliable means of transportation
- College student majoring in a computer-related field
- Experience leading a group of children (8 or more)
- Teaching experience with students ages 5-18